Monday, September 5, 2011

As the Fur Flies!

Hurricane Irene let out a resounding roar in the Hamptons devastating beaches, 300 year old trees and left many without electricity for days. Fortunately, my blow dryer was unaffected. I spent most of the weekend under the bed as her howls were pretty frightening to me and found myself over eating as a result.

As we all know, Mercedes Benz Fashion Week is upon us and as a budding supermodel, maintaining my lean, mean, pussycat physique is all important for my career. Irene was rather unkind to my waistline as I feasted on carb laden pastas, chocolate, peach crumble pie....this list goes on endlessly! So I'm going on a crash diet of Slim-Fast and Catnip infused Master Cleanses so my body looks absolutely purrfect! I prefer the Rich Chocolate Royale flavor of Slim-Fast because it tastes just like Petromalt - FYI!





Slim-Fast Rich Chocolate Royale flavor




Petromalt - available at Petco.com


Now that the end of the summer season is upon us, it was most apropos to visit the Banksy opening at the Keszler Gallery in Southampton -- to get me back into my Empire State of Mind.



Jay Z and Alicia Keys' "Empire State of Mind"


Keszler assembled a tightly edited assortment of Banksy's highly sought after work ranging from iconic prints to sides of buildings that were appropriated from the West Bank city of Hebron.





"Wet Dog" 2007
Banksy
Keszler Gallery Southampton





"Kate" by Banksy, 2005 - silkscreen edition of 50




Monkey Queen by Banksy 2003

The show was highly entertaining and controversial as two of the pieces have not been authenticated by Bankrobber productions. You see, none of Banksy's works have been authenticated by Bankrobber Productions when they have been taken out of their original context. There is a timeline however....and there is no doubt in my mind that these are the real deal.



The Banksy opening took place in tandem with the London Riots. I posed for the videographer of the event and the man who coordinated the shipment of Banksy's artwork, Justin Sutcliffe, and, asked him why the London Rioters hadn't gone to Banksy's dealer to steal his "appropriation" art. I mean, wouldn't that be the height of irony? I also asked him how Banksy would feel about that. He said that he really didn't know how Banksy would feel about it because no one knows exactly who Banksy is, unless you are Mr. Brainwash from the film, "Exit Through the Gift Shop"!

Well Pussycats,, it's off to the Hampton Classic horse show to take some tips on the finer points of jumping and hopefully pounce on a very wealthy Tomcat in the Leveraged Buy Out, Hedge Fund or Private Equity business so I can finance my fashion empire -- just like Tory Burch!

Here's an inside tidbit on Tory Burch: While she's famous for the preppy 1960's Palm Beach look including Tunics, Ballet flats...did you know that she used to be a buyer at Bergdorf Goodman before she started her eponymous label?






Tory Burch Tunic


Tory Burch is having a Labor Day sale online right now. So shop until you drop and be sure to visit her stores for Fashion's Night Out on Thursday, September 8th from 6PM - 11PM at her flagship boutique at 797 Madison Avenue. A Vogue Editor will style those who make a $250 purchase or more for an opportunity to be featured on the Tory blog. Fashion photographer Beau Grealy will snap a Polariod of the look for you to take as a memento with your purchase. Also a limited edition tote inspired by Fall 2011 collection will be given to every customer who spends $100 or more that night and on Toryburch.com

Purrs 'n Kisses -- until Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York as there's so much fun in-store for me and my adoring fans. Be prepared for some major surprises! Natasha Finkel xoxo




6 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow, i love everything you covered!! a great post, I didn't know petco sells slimfast for pets...Goma might need to be on this lol I admire Banksy too, his art is not like other just pretty art, it has so much meaning!! I love how he uses art to bring social awareness and love his style too. you are lucky you live in ny!!

Natasha Finkel said...

Hello Sachie,
I'm honored that you and Goma are my adoring fans! I just love Goma and what you've done with her. My Mistress of Beauty and Adventure has big plans for me during Fashion Week! Yes, I am very fortunate to live in NY and you and Goma are welcome to visit here anytime! I hope that Hurricane Irene wasn't too tough on you two personally. I was lucky that my blow dryer worked but I know that so many people in Vermont have been devastated by the flooding. My heart goes out to all of you. If you would like me to post something on the flooding and if you know of a charity that's been set up, I'd be more than happy to post this to raise awareness and help in any way that I can!

Purrs 'n Kisses,

Natasha

Justin Sutcliffe said...

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for the name check and the link to my videos. Glad you enjoyed the exhibition. Most of the publicity has been less positive!

Very best,

Justin.

PS. In case you are interested, the blog post I did to try and explain a little of the background is here.

http://justinsutcliffe.blogspot.com/2011/09/double-edged-sword-of-contoversy.html

If you get the time, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed reading your posts.

Natasha Finkel said...

Loved your blog post Justin and you did Banksy, the Palestinian entrepreneurs and art lovers of the world a real courtesy of preserving his work!

John Smith said...

Great Post
Dianabol UK

John Smith said...

Thanks for sharing
Dianabol UK